Friday, December 09, 2005

What she deserves...

My mother is redecorating her kitchen. You would think by her telling of how horrible/time-consuming/taxing this has been that we had taken over a small country. It's almost over and it's taken about 6 weeks. It's taken this long because she was born without the part of her brain that makes decisions.

She has no idea how to narrow her choices to three and then pick from those. That's where I come in. I'm not sure that she's loving anything that "we've" picked out lately, but it was necessary that I help her. She would still be wallowing in her own wondering if I didn't.

I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday we went back to the tile store for the second day in a row. I took her on a preemptive strike the day before just so it wouldn't take so long yesterday. They'll be laying the tile next Tuesday and it will be finished. Thank you, Lord.

My point is that she deserves to have a lovely kitchen and she will have it. I'm happy for her. I just wish she knew how to love what she's getting instead of seeing the negatives. During this past six weeks, people have lost limbs, children, loved ones, homes to fires and yet, she thinks she's had it rough. She can't see the glory of it all.

Her eyes just cannot see.

No comments: