Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What they think of me....


A friend of mine thought it would be lovely to make a scrapbook for me for my 40th birthday. Now, it didn't work out, but here are two of the entries that would have made the book.

It's interesting to see how people think of you. Forty years is a long time to live. These are my two oldest friends. I should have known they would come through with something great. How wonderful it is to have good friends.

From Shauna:
One story in particular I can not think of but when I think of Lynn these things come to mind...

Frozen Chocolate covered bananas...mmm
Apple computer..the.only person I know has one
being followed in her new car around hermitage.."if they hit you DO NOT STOP!!!"
wine festivals in Clarksville
strawberry pancakes
RED RED WINE
RED RED HAIR
Quick to save a runaway friend with no shoes....
and quick to lend a room
punch bowls of something tasty and a bit naughty
Pigs in a blanket
But most of all when I think of Lynn, I feel a sense of warmness rush over me, cause no matter how long it has been or how far and few between our visits...it is like coming home..love you Lynn...bless us all with another 40!!!





From Anne Marie:

One story I remember from our time in school together was: We were in a class on the theories of psychology, taught by the head of the department. He was a rather older man, and very set in his ways.

We were discussing Freud, I think, and someone said something about how anti-woman he seemed to be. The professor got very bothered about that. Lynn spoke up and said, “Yes, I think he’s misogynistic.” The professor just stopped, and stared, and stammered, and finally said, “I think that’s a made-up word!”

We were all stunned! Lynn looked at him, and said, “No, that’s a REAL word, and it means anti-woman. You can look it up in your dictionary. It’s spelled M-I-S-O-G-Y-N-I-S-T-I-C!” He just got red in the face, and changed subjects. We were amazed that the head of the psychology department didn’t know that word or what it meant!

But Lynn stood her ground, and put him in his place. And I think she made an A in that class, too!

No comments: