Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Birth Control Glasses


My girl and I needed new glasses. My old ones were from 10ish years ago, since I only use them to watch TV at night. I tried on damn near every pair in the store. They all looked like hell. I guess I'm stuck in 1983, the year that I graduated high school. In 1983, I would not have been caught DEAD in these glasses. We would have called them Birth Control Glasses.

But nowadays, I see all the hip folks in them and since it's just going to be me and the TV mostly, what harm could come?

At the store, my girl thought they looked adequate. She made no big deal. The saleslady was easily 10 years older than me and stuck in 1973. I could tell she didn't really care for them. But I kinda liked them, so I ordered them.

As you may remember, I owed my girl a night on the town for the Christmas lights.

Friday night, I got all dolled up. Curled my hair. Deep kohl liner on the eyes. Glossed my lips. Big oval hoop earrings.

And put my new glasses.

My girl comes home. As she turns the corner, her eyebrows raise. She thinks they make me look like a school girl!

We had a fantastic dinner at Sperry's in Cool Springs. (Dana, the Maytag Stuffed Filet was wonderful!) They have a wonderfully fresh salad bar and we shared mushrooms and a twice baked potato with a lovely bottle of Cab/Merlot

I took her out to hear a little music and we got our groove on at The Lipstick Lounge.

When we got home, we played Professor and Naughty School Girl. I got extra credit.

She put up more Christmas lights over the weekend. Coincidence? I think not.

18 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Nice way to work it! I must get me some glasses now...

Michelle said...

OMG, I have birth control glasses! Only they really are from 1988. I have a newer pair around here somewhere, but I can't find them without my glasses. What a conundrum.

I'm just glad that all the hipster cool cats made my BC glasses cool again. Otherwise I would be ske-rewed.

Jay said...

The naughty school girl look never goes out of style!

g-man said...

Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like a great night out (and in, {wink}) I still need to get the outside lights up.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Rockdog: Thanks!

Michelle: I can't see diddly without my glasses/contacts. I have to find my glasses BEFORE I take off my contacts...otherwise, I'm lost! I only do that about 5 times/wk.

Jay: I KNOW!

G-man: Thanks! It WAS!!!! Dude, get your lights up and get laid!;)

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Yeah babes, that sounds like a wonderful evening.

I paid to have my christmas lights put up. It was worth it as I surely would fall from the latter.

Um...you should see my Catholic high school outfit...it got me laid many a times. I almost wanted to stay for another year...hehehe

Jeff B said...

Just on my out the door to go to work. I've got a mental image of the Professor and Naughty School Girl in my head now. Yeah, it's going to be a good day.

Leighann said...

I guess since *I* put the lights up I get to have sex with myself?? *snort*

Professer and Naughty School Girl.... I need to email you LOL

Dana said...

I think I just spent $150 on outdoor lights and will be getting them up before hubby gets home - then tomorrow I'll take them down only to put them back up the following day. Do you think it will work??

Tell me you had the Maytag Stuffed Filet cooked rare and I'll start drooling ...

Real Live Lesbian said...

Zora: Damn girl, you're so bad!

Jeff: Glad I could help out.

Leighann: Do whatcha gotta do! If you want something done right...

Dana: LMAO...and of course, my girl had the filet rare!

? said...

Congratulations on your new 'let's fuck' glasses!

I'm with Spiky Zora. Catholic schoolgirl uniforms are the way to go next time. Your girl will be up to her elbows in your snuffleupagus ... she may never leave.

Just your everyday average married momma... said...

not nearly as exciting as boobies.... *drools over boobies....*

but, I must say, those eyes look mighty hot in those new specs...

And funny coincidence...I just put up more christmas lights too... can I get a little somethin somethin?? Oh and I just got new glasses too... maybe I could return the favor...
No pic yet by the way, haven't gotten the in yet.... but I must say...they be mod sexy

buffalodick said...

The styles of glasses today are all over the map! I think the smaller frames would bother me to wear- I get into alot of different manufacturing plants and would have to wear the "visitor" safety glasses- the ones that are so big and scratched up you can't see sh*t out of them! Glad your meal and "dessert" was enjoyable!

Odat said...

That's wild!!! lol...thanks for sharing that!
Peace

Aunt Jackie said...

Wow, great antics!! Maybe I should wear some glasses for Mr. J, and he'll finally take the garbage out HAHA!!!


Schoolgirl outfits are hot!

Christo Gonzales said...

thats funny... I might have knocked you up any way 'back then' but I wasnt one of those kind of guys...LOL

Christo Gonzales said...

what was I saying? you took me back to 1978....saturday night fever

Unknown said...

Naughty school girl is a fav game to be played 'round here.