Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Score One For Mom


My mother is the typical Cookie-Baking, Clean House, June Cleaver of a mom. She's sweet, tries to do good, doesn't fib, goes to church every Sunday.

She just told me that My Ex The Redneck called Christmas Day and wanted her to tell everyone that was at my mom's house hello for her. This would be my mom's two sisters, their children, etc. People that she knew for the 10 years we were together. My family. Not hers.

She looks at me sideways from her office and smiles. She didn't do it.

"That wasn't very nice of me was it?"

I just raised my eyebrows.

She lied. She told My Ex The Redneck that she would. She didn't do it.

I'll not be saving her a seat on the front row of Hell. She has no clue how to be bad.

16 comments:

MrRyanO said...

What are you talking about...that's evil to the core!

Jay said...

My mom's the worst liar ever! EVER! LOL

If somebody would call for me when I wasn't home instead of saying "oh he's not here right now" she'd tell them where I was and when I'd be back! AHHHHHH!

I used to say "what if that was the mafia calling looking for me??" haha

Anonymous said...

Some moms are like that, yeah they are! ;)

Jay said...

if you can't save her a seat i'll try to save her one!

Leighann said...

That was great! 10 points for Mom!

Dana said...

Well, at least she figured out "naughty" even if she can't go all out BAD!

Schmoop said...

Arent Moms great? My mom would have done the same thing. Cheers!!

buffalodick said...

I fully sanction lying- if it helps the ones you care about.

Anndi said...

Your mom rocks...

Michelle said...

I love that your mother is the worst liar in the world. Mine, on the other hand, can be very convincing. As a result, she was able to catch her children in every lie they ever attempted.

KellyKline said...

My mom was the same way - on a few occassions, she tried to cuss. TRIED being the key word. It just sounded silly coming out of her mouth.

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

GOOOO MUM!! Ha!!

Jes a lil' proof that you don't have a to be a jerk to be a lil' bit mean!!

Casdok said...

Dont you just love mums!!
Your pillows are in the post! Lol!!

Mackey said...

That's hilarious! God bless your Mom.

Aunt Jackie said...

Hmmm, I agree... I have done far worse, but it is sort of evil... Your mom sounds kind of like my mom.

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

Your mom takes the cake!

And good for you in losing your ex.