Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Nobody's Watching Me...

Not me, not you, nobody. When you get overweight, people just stop seeing you. It's like being invisible. Although someone SHOULD say, "Damn, you're fat!" No one says a word. And the only way to be seen again is to be normal. Eat normal and you'll look normal.

So, I'm trying to remember "normal." Normal was 8 years ago. It was cereal and milk for breakfast, chicken noodle soup or a sandwich for lunch (not both), and pasta for dinner. I'm not normal anymore, but I'm going on a search for it. I'm going to try to find a normal day within myself. Feel what it feels like to be hungry and not rush for something to eat immediately or especially not before.

If good intentions are the pathway to hell...I should be getting warm. I've intended to eat better for a long time now, and I'm just not doing it. I mindlessly eat. I eat for comfort. I eat out of boredom. I eat for social time with friends. But mostly, I just eat. I eat too much. Too often. Nothing is special anymore because there's just too much food in my life. I remember when dessert was an event because I didn't eat sweets everyday.

I've lost the specialness of special foods. Too much is too much now. There's too much food and I'm too fat.

Today I'm going to try to be normal. Feel normal. Eat normal. It may stress me out, but that'll be okay. I won't die from being stressed.

No comments: