Friday, November 02, 2007

Fauxlex


This morning I tried on the fake Rolex that my mom got me for Christmas last year. It fit...finally! So, I decided to wear it today. I'm looking particularly cute for a big girl.

I'm in the kitchen this morning trying to get the damn thing set to the correct time and in walks my girl. I wonder to her if it needs a new battery since it's not working.

She says, "It doesn't have a battery. It works because of the movement of your body."

She's so smart...I LOVE that about her!

As I'm wondering if my body will move ENOUGH to support the mechanisms and thinking how smart she is, she says "My ex-Stephanie had a REAL Rolex. So I know how they work."

Not so smart.

I raise my eyebrows and mock her accordingly (in that high-pitched mocky voice that indicates that she just fucked up), "My EX-STEPHANIE had a REAL Rolex."

Smiling, I say, "Perhaps you should buy me a REAL one!"

Silence.

This just 24 hours after she asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. Of course, I"ll want the solid gold one. I bet STEPHANIE had that one!

8 comments:

Schmoop said...

Is she implying that her Ex'x time piece was sexier than yours? Blasphemous!! Cheers...

Real Live Lesbian said...

I KNOW!!!! How dare she!

Leighann said...

me-ow! Maybe she's fishing for a spanking! ;)

Mike Minzes said...

A girl who known what she wants!! The solid gold one! Tell her to pick up two because I want one too!!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Leighann: I kinda doubt it! LOL

Mike: Will do? Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Isn't she sweet.

Jay said...

Nice!

I almost bought a fake Rolex one time in Vegas. It was a good fake. Well, that's what the guy selling them told me. I decided against it, cause I figured the strippers in Vegas could spot a fake Rolex a mile away anyway. LOL

I forgot that the strippers Little Rock couldn't. I'm not too bright sometimes. ;-)

Michelle said...

I don't have a rolex. Or even a fake rolex. In fact, I don't have a watch and just use the clock on my cellphone.

Does that mean that I am not a grown-up?