Friday, October 19, 2007

Drink This In Remembrance of Me


Recently, the little girl in my life was baptised. She's almost 7.

I saw her this week and she tells me that she's going to get to drink the grape juice and eat the cracker at church. But not everybody gets to drink it. You can't until you get baptised. Then you can. But her brother can't. Yet. He gets baptised on Sunday. Then he can eat the cracker, too. And have some grape juice with it. You have to go up front to do it. Then you get to go back to your seat. But not everybody gets too. It's special.

Her: It's supposed to help your blood or something.

Me: Oh really? (quizzical look)

Her: Um hmmm.

I'm glad to know she's got a handle on the whole communion thing. Because frankly, it confuses me.

8 comments:

i am the diva said...

lol Sweet! that's funny.

i am the diva said...

also, i see that you're a libra - so you must be having a birthday soon... happy belated or early birthday!!

Jay said...

I always wondered how that all worked! Glad she cleared it up for us. LOL

Logophile said...

Good to have an expert to clarify things with all that transubstantiation nonsense.

SIMPLY ME said...

that;s adorable

KellyKline said...

*I* want a cracker and some grape juice! Dammit!

Michelle said...

The way that kids think is hilarious. I remember being confused by the whole process, too.

CarmenSinCity said...

It helps with your blood or something. Classic! heheheheh

You better not tell her she's actually drinking the blood of christ. She might not want the grape juice anymore.