Monday, October 29, 2007

The Key


From my last post:
We bought locally made Molasses, Wildflower honey, Lemon Cake, Gingerbread, Turbinado Sugar and Molasses candy. I ate some of all of it and still lost weight. Gotta love Weight Watchers!

And a Princess responded:
"That sounds so nice and the pictures are beautiful....eat some for me..I don't think I could eat all that and lose weight!!"

For me, the key to Weight Watchers is that I can eat whatever I want and still lose weight.

WHATEVER I want. If I want Lemon Cake..I can have Lemon Cake. Homemade Gingerbread? Yes, please.

Unfortunately, I cannot have ALL I want.

I think that's the problem with a lot of folks. We get a loaf of Lemon Cake and eat the whole damn thing. Linda had a slice. I had a slice. I counted my points. And the rest of it is in the freezer for the next time we want some.

I have honey every day for breakfast. It's only 1 point per tablespoon. That's a LOT of honey. I smear it on my 1 point English Muffin. That way I can have what I like. I just can't have a tub of it.

So yes, I did eat ALL of that. But I didn't eat ALL of IT!


P.S. Yes, Kelly...it's a gorgeous place to go. And we'll rent it out for any days you want. But you have to enjoy hiking, biking, four-wheeling, and outdoor stuff, because Jamestown is not a shopper's paradise (unless you like used shoes.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

weight watchers is wonderful with the point system. I did it to help lose a couple winter pounds and maintenance. I learned a lot about how I eat through it. Apparently, I have no control, hence the couple extra winter pounds.

Good for you for learning control. Its hard when things are so tastey!!

Jay said...

Portion control is the hardest thing. That's why when I get pizza I get it by the slice. No eating half now and the other half for breakfast. LOL

Odat said...

Hey, thanks for the vist...and omg I'm talking about preztels and find molasses and honey here...
But good for you and the WW thing...I'm a lifetime member!!!I managed to keep the weight off because I eat pretzels instead of candy....lol......good luck!!
Peace

Real Live Lesbian said...

Pool girl: True, but WW makes it easier by teaching you HOW to fit those things in.

Jay: Preachin' to the choir, Brother.

Odat: Thanks! You bring the pretzels and I'll bring the dippers!

Nosjunkie said...

Next time I come around I will have something good to say, cos next time I come around I may have some idea what your talking about