Saturday, October 13, 2007

How Does Fat FEEL?


I've been thinking about this lately because next year around this time, I'd like to not be. Change that...I will not be. I refuse to continue to be this way. Therefore, I'm making a list for posterity. So I can go back and say, "Ah yes, I remember now...."

As I spoke of in an earlier post, my friend Zammi is going in for a weight loss surgery. I need her. I need to be around people that are doing it. People who are doing the right things. Exercising. Eating right. Visibly losing weight. I feed off of their energy. Their drive. Their commitment. I fully intend to feed off of her. I'm hungry for being on a roll. I want the momentum. The way people will ask me how much I've lost. Tell me how pretty I am since I've moved down a size. I'm desperate for the attention after being invisible for so long.

Zammi's having surgery on the 7th of November. I think I'm finally ready. And yes, I realize that SHE should be the one getting ready and she is. But since I'm tagging along, I too need to be ready.

Ready to exercise. Check. Ready to eat less. Check. I'm slowly wheeling my carriage back upon the straight and narrow path of health.

Oh yeah, I was making a list, wasn't I?

How DOES fat feel?

• Tight
• Tired
• Full
• Yearning
• Sleepy
• Big
• Crowded
• Warm...sometimes hot
• Cuddly
• Wanting
• Soft

Nothing I'm gonna miss there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck to your friend with the WLS, and to you as her follow along partner...I had planned to have the WLS, but can't now because of insurance and 3 kids to raise outweighing that whole $$$ issue.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Someone once told me that I wasn't fat, necessarily. "more like, plush," he said. It was meant to be a compliment, but I've never felt more like the Michelin Man in my life.

I'm starting a diet tomorrow. The new BF is a firefighter, and oddly enough, I'm dieting with one of his best friends, another FF that wants to get in shape. I think he'll harass me into sticking with it. I MUST show him up, or I'll never hear the end of it.

Good luck, to you and your friend!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Sassy:
Thanks girl. I know it was hard on Z to get together the $$$ without any insurance help. You'd think they would cover it since it would pay off for them in the long run.

GNG: Yeah, I'm really, really plush! LOL Thanks for the wishes! Good luck to you and the FF, too. Must be awful to work out with a FF (thinking of all those posed guys on calendars I've seen!)