Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nevermind about the mean girls

I was going to post this morning about the mean girls and then I got to thinkin'. Am I not the one usually telling folks to look at the opposite view? So I'm gonna.

Mean girls grow up to be mean women. 'Nuff said. Of course, I just came to that realization yesterday. I'm a little slow on the uptake somtimes.

On the other hand, yesterday I got my girlfriend back. Not my GIRLFRIEND, but my girlfriend, Zammi. Not that I had really lost her, but I kinda hadn't been keeping up with her like we once did. Back when we were Weight Watcher buddies.

See, several years ago I was floundering on Weight Watchers. I went on the boards and asked for a buddy. I think I came away with 8 women who wanted me. Yeah, they WANTED me. Wanted to be my buddy. Wanted to email and chat and support. They were all gung ho in the beginning. After about a month, Zammi was left. Years later, she's still there. She's one of those people who doesn't drift away too far.

We've kept in touch, although both of us have been floundering with our weight loss. Except she's decided to have a weight loss surgery. She's going through the initial phases and is almost ready for THE DEAL.

Yesterday, I had a hard day. I realized that I'm fat and not changing anything. I'm not getting in any cardio. Not eating right enough. Eventually, I'll be old and fat. I don't want that. I dont' want to watch her get skinny and not be along for the ride.

So I emailed her. Asked her to be mine again. She said YES!!!! I had tears in my eyes I was so happy.

Yesterday was such a great day. I got my girlfriend back!

No comments: