Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Red on the Head



Cruel, Mother Nature is. During the whole Chiffon Margarine debacle, Mother Nature tried to tell me not to mess with her.

At first, I thought it was kinda flat looking because my thryoid is bad and that can affect the health of your hair. Then I got that semi-under control. And still, the hair looks eh.

Recently, my girlfriend told me that my hair is brown.

BROWN??? WTF???

Do not tell me that I suffered.....

• Red on the head, I'd rather be dead

• Red in the Head means Fire in the Bed!!! (not so cool when you're 11)

• The whole redheads have bad temper shit...it's just a buncha fuckin' horseshit!

• Never tanning, always burning (which is STILL a problem)

.....during my childhood to then grow up, be in my prime and suddenly I lose all the red color in my hair.

Yes, I've permed it since I was a teenager. I'm sorry Ma Nature, I didn't know I was doing wrong!

I didn't color it until just a couple of years ago. Never had to.

At a recent gathering of friends, I asked them, "What color is my hair?"

Brown. Strawberry Blonde. Blonde.

HUH?

So Mother Nature, I'm pissed.

Just when it's SEXY to be a redhead, you turn my hair brown. Where's the nearest salon? I a dose of fire!

14 comments:

Mike Minzes said...

Tag!!!! You're it! Come see

Mike Minzes said...

And about the red hair. I used to have red hair but that Mother Nature turned mine into brown too.

You and I are recovered from Gingervitus!

Melissa said...

"It's just a buncha fuckin' horseshit!"

Sounds like a redhead to me!

MrRyanO said...

"Red in the Head means Fire in the Bed!!!"

Damn, I never heard this rule before...I would have expanded my horizons during my wild years had I known...LOL

Thanx for the comment...I'll be back even though I see Melissa is here. LOL!

Odat said...

Hey, I'm red..with a lil brown and lil blonde...if I ask my friends what color i get all sorts of answers too......oh well. I'm just glad I have hair and plenty of it...it's naturally curly and I spent my teenage years trying to straighten it...now i just let it go...it's wild!
Peace

Jay said...

Red heads are hot.

Maybe a little crazy too. But, crazy is also hot. I mean, not Britney crazy, that's sad crazy, but a little crazy is hot. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have the darkest brown you can go before it actually looks black. I've tried to lighten it, blonde it, red it, nothing matters. I will never be the red head I always wanted to be without spending hundreds of dollars every 6-8 weeks.

Sorry you suffered as a kid. I was always facinated by red hair.

buffalodick said...

It happens. My hair was blonde as it gets until I was about 10. Went brown- now brown with silver interspersed throughout! At my age, I'm happy as hell to have hair at all! I read somewhere that in a few more generations, natural redheads will be extremely rare.

Michelle said...

I think people are crazy. I have brown hair. Brown. If you look up the definition of "mousy" in the dictionary, there is a picture of me. But lately I have heard people describe my hair color as red, blonde, dishwater blonde, and strawberry. So, I dyed it dark brown so there was no mistaking it. The day after I dyed it, a friend says, oh, so you went redder? Gak! Brown, people! It's brown!!

Shannon said...

"Red in the Head means Fire in the Bed!!!"
This must be why DH wants me to be a red head so badly! and I thought blondes had all the fun?!?

Leighann said...

If there was a crayon called "POOP" that would be the color of my eyes and hair. POOP I say!

Although I save tons of money because I have natural highlights of gray!

Envy me, go ahead. I'll let you!

KellyKline said...

I discovered yesterday that my hair is officially dark blonde. I always thought of my hair as medium brown, but when I use that color, it's WAY too dark. I tried light brown. Still too dark. Dark blonde - juuuust right (well, actually still a tad dark, but it'll lighten up). All I wanna do is cover up the gray!

On the other hand, my GF's hair is a gorgeous reddish-brown and matches her beautiful eyes.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Mike: Thank GOD we've recovered! I love that South Park episode!

Rockdog: I can't believe you've never heard that! You have time to make up for it though. Just make sure the curtains match the carpet!

Odat: Can I have some of those curls?

Jay: I've never been accused of being crazy. Mwahahahah!

Pool: Oh how I wish you were here to be fascinated! :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Buffalo: No way, really? Wonder why that is?

Michelle: Yes, they are. Most of them anyways.

Shannon: Nope, it's the reds. Trust me. Wink!

Leighann: LMAO, poop!

Kelly: Sounds expensive trying to figure out what color you are! I have a few grays coming up. Here's hoping that I take after my mom and have about 30 when I'm in my 70s! Her's is still VERY red!