Thursday, October 11, 2007

Poorly Haunted


I'm wondering if my hauntings are even worthy to blog about. I think I have haunting envy. I want to be haunted like I read about in grammar school where things would go flying across the room, heads would spin, folks would speak in tongues.

I think I need a better ghost. This is probably my cousin Sheila. She was my best-cousin on my mom's side. We played together as kids and got in all sorts of mild trouble at my aunt's farm during the summer. Like the time that we SOOOO wanted to go swimming in the creek that ran beside my aunt's dairy farm. Any country folk see where this is going?

She forbade us to set foot in that creek. The summers were sweltering. There was NOTHING to do in Campbellsville, TN in the 70s besides walk the 1/4 mile to the store for an ice cream sandwich and look for pretty rocks in the driveway....both of which we had already done.

One day my aunt Ruth had to go to "town" aka Pulaski, TN. We had the time. We had the inclination.

We did it.

We waded.

All the way up to our thighs so that we wouldn't get our shorts wet and could get away with it. Except our shorts did get wet. Don't they always?

It was so peaceful wading in the pond watching the cows do the same upstream.

Filthy, I think, is the word she used when she returned. WTF?

13 comments:

Leighann said...

Hey the little hauntings count too! You could antagonize your spirit(s) that might make the haunting more worthwhile!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Okay, first...I'm hoping this is just one spirit. I mean, I want to be haunted and all. But I'm such a newbie that I need to keep it simple.

Secondly, how does one antagonize their ghost? No, really....inquiring minds and all.

Biscuit said...

I'm skeered of that kind of stuff, although I will admit to getting messages a few times. I don't admit that to anyone.

You cracked my shit up with your comment. I had tears from laughing.

TK Kerouac said...

Love that pic, I'm sending you a private invite to momtheminx
Happy HNT!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Yay! I cracked up the Biscuit! It's the least I could do....you've cracked me up hundreds of times!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Thanks TK....now I'm all curious and shit!

Keyser Soze said...

Nice! LOL

Lavender Fields said...

I always feel that haunting is what you feel more than actually physically seeing anything..So,i think it doesn't matter if its only a small presence its what feelings it manifests in you.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Anna Louise:

Everytime something like this happens it feels comfortable. Like it's someone I know. I'll take that over the scary stuff anyday. Just feels like some soul that I know really well stopping by to check on me.

KellyKline said...

Y'know those creeks are allllll full of water moccasins and leeches, right? Lol ... that's kinda what makes them fun, eh?

My mom lived in Pooo-laski for quite a while. Small world, huh?

And as for crackin' up the Biscuit ... well, I must admit, it's one of my very favorite past-times. Just sayin'.

Leighann said...

I'm telling you, TALK to it/her/him/them. Ask questions, ask for signs of their presence OTHER than turning lights/tv off and on.

If you have a cam corder, set it in a stationary spot and record while you're gone. You just never know what you might catch.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Kelly:
Yeah, all that and cow poop. We just thought they were swimming, too...like we were. But my aunt explained that they don't go back to the barn when they get the urge. They just "let loose!"

She totally ruined it for us!

Leighann: Ok, I will. Tonight. I'm gonna talk to 'em.

Leighann said...

Good luck!