Thursday, October 25, 2007

Unavailable


Or so I thought. Last weekend, my Love and I, along with our two dogs went to Jamestown, TN to our family's little cabin in the woods- Pointe View Lodge (www.pointeview.com) -for a little R&R. I told my mom and my best butch where we were going. Now this place is remote. Like 10 minutes off of the paved road remote and 30 minutes outside of a small town. Only one other house on the road and entirely too far to run to in case of horror movie type stuff happening.

We get up there. Jammie up. Watch movies. Eat dinner. Go to bed. Perfect.

My cell phone rings. It was LATE LATE LATE...1:45am. I was so deeply asleep that my Love had to wake me. I fumble in the complete blackness for my phone. Restricted number and I'm too late. Hmmm...probably a wrong number. We lie there for a few minutes trying to go back to dreaming.

The lodge phone rings. Now this number is hard to get. You pretty much have to be a member of the family or a past renter to have it. Hell, I don't even have it. Again, in the blackness I run to the phone all the way in the kitchen.

Hello. Hello? Hello???

Nobody there. Then an odd fast busy signal.

We go through all the possibilities. Nobody has both of these numbers. Must be my parents. Shit, they're old and it can't be good. I call their house. Wake my Daddy up. Nope, everything's fine.

Must be the Best Butch. Call her. Freak HER out since I'm never up past 10pm! Not her either.

No one else knew we were there and so few people have both my cell and the lodge phone number. It's hard for me to believe that there were two wrong numbers on both phones that I'm attached to.

That was Friday night. It's Thursday and no one has called yet to say, "Hey...tried to get ahold of you Saturday morning at 1:45am."

Damn ghosts.

9 comments:

Jay said...

Oh ... uh ... yeah .. I was doing a little drunk dialing last weekend. Sorry 'bout that. LOL

Well, somebody might have been. LOL

Bunny said...

You have a stalker. Only possible answer.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

That is creepy

~inserts twilight zone music here ~

bloody ghosts!

Leighann said...

darn it, the mistress of the dark stole my twilight zone music idea LOL

KellyKline said...

Fuh-REEEKY!

Michelle said...

I seriously freak shit when someone calls me on my cell after 10pm.

A friend of mine who LOVES to call late gets mad when rather than answering with "hello" I answer with "who is dead?" Because really, only death or dismembermnt is a reason to call anyone after 10.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Jay: Damn you! Call me sober.

Bunny: Um, let's hope not. I will have her arrested this time.

Mistress: Thanks...I didn't even THINK about the music!

Leighann: LOL Copy cat!

Kelly: I KNOW!

Michelle: Yeah, me too. Agreed.

Just your everyday average married momma... said...

uh okay, I'll admit it - it was me..... I was looking to see if the house down the road really was too far to run for some freaky horror movie shit...

Lindz said...

WOW! To scarey